2010-07-16

It's not the destination, it's the journey

We are having an unbelievably hot summer here, this was expected - after a cold winter a hot summer will come. This limits out play time to early mornings and late afternoons. We can't even let our horses out during they day as they get covered with bugs in seconds. So the only comfortable place for horses to be in right now are their boxes. There are almost no horse flies there thanks to swallows. Keep up the good work little guys!

The only thing I managed to do with Juliano after my return from UK was to show him his new green ball. I can't wait for the weather to cool down a bit as my head is filled with new ideas and inspiration form Pat and Linda. I would really like to look into the "The Game of Contact" with J.

In the meantime I would like to recommend Linda's post http://parellihorsemanship.wordpress.com/2010/04/29/thats-dangerous/ about an interesting incident she had with Regalo hacking out one day. It's funny how other riders often perceive people riding their horses bridleless. I've received quite a few comments like this over the years - "You are riding a TB in a halter, you must be crazy" or "You will get quicker results if you ride the normal way". But I have a different picture in mind. My goal is to ride with J one day and do piaffes and passages with him in true harmony. Even if it is our last ride together it will be 100% worth it. After all it's not the destination, it's the journey that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment